Installing qiskit for 02QPRG
Using Jupyter notebooks are the preferred way for learning quantum programming and qiskit in particular. Since python can get confused if multiple packages are installed, the following instructions use Anaconda.
- Download and install Anaconda Individual Edition for your OS if you haven't done yet.
- Open the Anaconda Navigator
- Create an environment named 02QPRG (from the Environment tab)
- Select the 02QPRG (in the Home tab)
- Install then launch Jupyter Notebook
- Download the Qiskit_installation_and_test notebook and extract it into the folder where you'll store your code created during this class
- Navigate to the folder in Jupyter Notebook and open the file
- Follow the instructions in the notebook to install and test qiskit